CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

For the past week I have been an such an emotional roller coaster.  It's bad enough that this semester is quickly ending, my finals and comps are just around the corner, but to add to it all - the doctors office called last week regarding my infectious disease tests.  The nurse said that my Hepatitis C test had come back positive and I needed to get further testing to see if it was a false positive since the numbers were so low.  OMG!  What on earth????  I was freaking out, mentally going through every chapter of my life looking for anyway that I could have come into contact with such a disease.  I've never done drugs, I don't have any tattoos, and I don't know anyone with Hep C.  Well after a very long 4-day wait, I received the news that my other tests are negative but I am extremely anemic and may need an iron injection.  Ouch!  I was like can I please just give the pills a try, but other than that I'm good to go.  No Hep. C for me!

Today I am scheduled for my hysterosonogram, test transfer, and consents.  Then if all goes well I should start the Lupron injections on Friday and take my last BCP on Sunday.  According to my calendar, I should start the Menopur on December 2 and possibly retrieve on December 13.   I'm staying on the Lupron for an extra week, because I don't want to have my retrieval during the week of my finals.  I'm just hoping and praying that all goes smooth from here on out and there are no further problems.  Praying for a completed and successful cycle!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping that your ER and ET got as planned.

    Good luck & I'm looking forward to your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete